Saturday, September 26, 2020

Birthday is over & Halloween is on Hold!


Due to the fact that standard Halloween festivities will not be able to commence this year, I've put a hiatus on my costume and have instead focused on rapidly approaching birthdays and the 3 months left until Christmas. 

 I've got a fair amount of handmade gifts to make and a few items to source & purchase as well, but I'll get it all done in time. I'm currently off work due to mild medical issues, but it is proving beneficial to my getting things caught up creatively and around the house.

These are arm warmers I started back in early March, but I finally got back to them over the last few days and got the 2nd one almost completely knitted up in only a day! I still need to finish both, but they should work up quickly!






Also, I'm testing out a "toes up" sock knitting pattern for my husband in prep for some Secret Santa related sneakiness aimed at another family member. 🧐



The yarn color is labeled as Maple Leaves, but all I can see is Cordial Cherries (which is fine, cause my husband LOVES them)! So now he can eat them while he wears them...? 😅






A few weeks ago, for my birthday, my husband ordered me a sweater worth of Knit Picks yarn (14 skeins, in fact) & a packet of sets of sock knitting needles. 


They arrived just before last weekend and I was able to get my sweater started just before remembering how close the aforementioned birthdays & holidays are. 

Guess MY project is on hold again...but that's the way it goes...🤣

The sweater below is the one I'm knitting up from the free Harvest sweater pattern avaliable from Tin Can Knits!


This is not the first pattern I've used from this company & it certainly won't be the last!!

This is the yarn I'm using. The color just jumped out the screen & spoke to me. 😊



OH, also, package of 12 boxes of Scottish Shortbread!!



And last, but certainly not least, how I finished my birthday last night, a steaming cup of British tea & a box of Scotland-made Scottish Shortbread!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is Chaos...I need to accept that...

Okay so it has now been approximately a year and a half since my last post and SO MUCH has happened...  Let's start with one of the bigg...